Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Contract Year.

 I never want this blog to be about post-game recaps; That's what the journalists at the Associated Press get paid to write. However, the Bulls and the Celtics want to make sure that all I do is talk about their round one series that should not be as competitive as it is. Why am I talking about Game 2? Simple. Ben Gordon.

 As I'm sure you already know, Ben Gordon dropped 42 points on 14-24 shooting (6-11 from 3 point range). Against the defending champs. Yes, we all know The Big Ticket still isn't playing. That cannot possibly take away from the superstar level performance BG had. If you watched the game, you probably saw Derrick Rose give up the ball to Gordon early in the clock to let him go to work. Then you watched BG go hard off the dribble, rise above two defenders (Yes, TWO) and drop in a difficult fifteen footer over four outstretched arms. And those outstretched arms belonged to Ray Allen and Glen Davis. Not once. Nor twice. For the entire second half.

 I didn't even think this guy liked playing for the Bulls. Hmm... could he maybe have been updating his resumé for his next potential employer? If he was (which he was), I'm not mad at him. He was a Ray Allen (Ice Cold!) game-winner away from sending this series back into overtime. Say what you want about his career so far, this guy is a starter, and could easily turn a playoff contender into a championship contender. Which contender? I have no clue. But that's not what I'm here for. Someone else gets paid to do that too.


No comments: